Thursday, September 1, 2011

The big question of the year...


How's married life? ...

This seems to be the first question I get asked when running into people I know, and it will probably continue through at least the first year of marriage. The answer I give to everyone after 2 1/2 months? It's great! I love it! This extremely broad and unspecific question cracks me up. We are newly weds! Of course it's wonderful! If it weren't, we would be in trouble! The better question? What is it like living together?

Before Eric and I got married, we took premarital counseling classes. They really prepared us in different areas: spiritually, financially, using conflict resolution, etc., but I don't think anything prepares you for living together.

There are so many things we have learned about each other in such a short amount of time while living in the same home. Here are a few examples:

*How we both sleep at night....he talks, I snore (occasionally)
*We are both equally clean and equally messy. This one is definitely a blessing. We never fight about the cleanliness or messiness of our home. The house is messy during the week but gets cleaned on the weekends. This works for us.
*I like grocery shopping alone.
*Our ideal weeknight? Grilling and watching tv at home.

I know the list will grow over time with many more fun and exciting years ahead of us, for better and for worse. So far, we have been extremely blessed with a healthy and happy marriage and love living together despite the quirks.

When people ask me--How's married life?... and I answer it's great, I love it! I am definitely telling the truth:)





1 comment:

  1. YAY!! So excited for your new blog! Blogging is so fun! :) I've become slightly obsessed. (oops)

    Come follow my blog! lifeisamayesing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete