Monday, June 11, 2012

The 1st Year

As we approach our 1 year anniversary (YES, 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!) next Monday, I realize how quickly time flies and how blessed we are!

I have not posted on here in a while, so I apologize, but this first year has been crazy!! Lots of ups and downs, but I am so thankful to have an amazing husband, family, and friends!

Many of you already know, but Eric no longer works for JCPenney after 2 years. We thought for a while that God was leading us to move to Houston so Eric could continue working for them, but He had other plans for us.

During those couple of months, God really showed us His love and the importance of praying together as a couple. I learned that His timing, not mine, was perfect in every way. While I wanted immediate answers, this was not His plan for us. He taught me patience and most importantly to seek Him first. Through all of this, I learned that even during the hard times, our marriage could be strengthened rather than broken apart. When our eyes were fixed on Christ and we let His will be done, a peace like no other came into our hearts and in our home. "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

I'm so happy to say that during those two months of uncertainty and prayer, Eric felt like God was leading him to go back to school full time! We have been in the process of tying up lose ends and getting applications and testing done. If all goes well, he will be starting at Blinn for summer session II in July and will finish up at Sam Houston!

He also started working at Macy's part time in Loss Prevention. While we are taking a significant pay cut with him going back to school full time, I have no doubt that God will provide for us, because I know in the long run it will all be for the better. I'm so thankful to have a dad that hired me to work for him and have had a steady paycheck each month when many people can't find a job. I am also thankful that through Eric's service in the military, his school will be completely paid for! GOD IS GOOD!

So, after the first year of marriage, I can say that I have learned 5 major lessons:


1. A family that prays together, stays together.


2. After many terrible dinners, I am only a slightly better cook.


3. Premarital counseling really does help!


4. Times flies when you're having fun.


5. I love Eric more today than I did a year ago when I said "I Do"

I can't wait for many more years of marriage with my best friend!

2 comments:

  1. I love u Carly and Eric I still remember like it was yesterday Eric junping on my estomach while eating an Oreo , and my worry was when he groow up and finding the righ person on his life now I can tell you that if the Lord calls me now , I'll go in peace , because I truly believe that he find the righ person in his life , may God bless you guys now and forever, love you guys , your father in law Victor Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thank you!! I promise to take good care of him:) Love you too.

      Delete